Hey ho! In a few days, carousers from every continent will get together to share geocaching tales at pirate geocaching events. Remember to log your will attend for one of these events on July 15 or 16!
Round up all your seaworthy raiders and get familiar with Geocaching.com’s newest feature: the Friend League.
The Friend League is a leaderboard that shows you and your friends’ geocaching activity. If you log a cache, or attend an event you collect points in the form of gold coins.
To earn the souvenir with the first map piece you have to collect 30 gold coins from July 17 to July 23 together with your crew.
So, the more friends you have on Geocaching.com, the easier it will be to keep sailing on…
Still scratching your skull? Head on over to the frequently asked questions to learn more.
Get on board:
- Add friends to your Friend League.
- Go geocaching to earn gold coins:
- As a team, earn 30 gold coins to receive the first souvenir map piece. You MUST individually contribute at least 5 coins to earn the souvenir.
- All logs must be submitted by Wednesday, July 26, 5 am PDT (Pacific Daylight Time), noon UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) to qualify for the first souvenir.
- Later that day (Wednesday, July 26) you will be notified by email if you earned the first souvenir. (Make sure to sign up for the Weekly Newsletter and Tips & Tricks in your email preferences.)
- To learn how to earn the next souvenir, follow Geocaching on Facebook or Twitter, or sign up for the Weekly Newsletter.
- If you earn all four souvenirs and complete the treasure map, you’ll earn the meta treasure chest souvenir!